Make 2010 "Green Wrapping Year"

Let's do it everyone. Let's make 2010 the year that we vow off paper gift wrap that just gets torn and tossed. Ugh. I'm going to do a FREEBIE along these lines beginning on Thanksgiving so check back later this week!

For now, how about some ideas?

First, remember that Sew, Mama, Sew is teaming up with us for the Green Grocery Bag Challenge, we want you to wrap your presents in fabric shopping bags! Go here for more details.
Second, how about some store bought fabric bags to supplement the ones you sew? Or, for those of you who don't sew. . .
I have gotten these from other people. The green one is from the Dollar Tree (I think) and the others are from my aunt a couple of years ago, they came as a set, yes they are fabric.

I went to Michael's the other day and these were in a big bin in the front of the store, they were around $2. Even if it would be an investment on the front end, think of how much paper this would save over the years! They were quite big too, about 2 feet in length.


I would have bought some except a couple of years ago I became obsessed with making enough fabric bags for all the gifts under my tree so now I have this. . .
A better photo of some of them. . .
 These are a few of my favs. . .
Tomorrow more on Green Wrapping. If we all do this, think of the trees, energy, time, etc we will all save! Even my husband is good at wrapping when it is in a fabric bag! Teresa

1 comment:

Claire from NY said...

I love them Teresa. I hope I have enough time to make them, but I know I don't :-(
I will be making some bags for the kids teachers and baking them some cake bites :-) Will be putting the goodies inside the bag.

Have a great Thanksgiving :-)