Cloth Bag Project--Providence, Rhode Island

Inspired by the Green Bag Lady (www.greenbaglady.org), I have started a project with a friend, to make cloth bags out of recycled materials and hand them out for free in the greater Providence, Rhode Island area. The goal is to encourage everyone to carry a bag so that they do not need a plastic or paper one. Anyone who is interested in sewing some bags, should contact me, so that I can provide the cloth and the pattern. Or, if you have fabric that you would like to donate to the project, that would be swell. Anyone who wants a bag should contact me too. I hope that this project will grow and people all around the country will sew and share bags.

For further details, go to Providencegreen.com or e-mail me at clothbagproject@Providencegreen.com. Thank you.

Thank you.
Max Salmeron

No comments: