Summer Sewing

There is much summer sewing going on here. Not just bags but projects I have been trying to get done around the house. I found this bird mobile project free on line and couldn't resist. Little Girl loved it so much that she wanted to have it in her room. So, she helped with the cutting, stuffing sewing and ADMIRING the finished product in her room.

Step 1 tracing pattern pieces--I LOVE these marking pens that disappear in 2 days or wash out easily. . .

Step 2 cutting

Step 3 & 4 sewing and stuffing


Step 5 picking thread for sewing the seems (this is a step I added, not on the original pattern)

Some finished birds. . .


Done birds. . .

Top side. . .

Under side. . .

With the help of Bagette Dad, we finished the mobile (fabrics are from various sources but include Harmony Art and Amy Butler) and hung it up in Little Girl's room. . .


Happy Little Girl. . .

Check back tomorrow for a BACK TO SCHOOL FREEBIE!!! Teresa

5 comments:

MissesStitches said...

Beautiful mobile! Those are nicely shaped birds, aren't they. Good job and happy girl!

Unknown said...

Hi Theresa
The mobile is great and your daughter is obviously very happy. Its been a while since we corresponded. I am anxious to see your back to school freebies. I made some school bags for a project that our church had for providing supplies for the underpriviliged children for school. You can see them on my blog welcome.to/reuseit.com I would love to see your ideas for students going back to school. Let me here from you. Im still making Green bags and giving them away to everyone I come in contact with Let me hear from you.
Connie
cwcolleyatdishmaildotnet

Harmony said...

When I grow up I want to be a bird on a mobile. Can I commission a Harmony Art fabric one from your daughter?

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
I love, love, love this project! I don't have any idea who will benefit but I have to make one of these! I may just hang it over MY bed!
Bagette April

Joanna said...

these are really pretty!
i think i know now what to do with the old panties i have[other than using them as rags. hahaha odd, isn't it?]. :D