Dear Mother Earth…

Dear Mother Earth--

How do they know to come out every 13 years? That is a long time, do you give them a little nudge and say, "Rise and Shine?" That is what my mother used to do. Cicadas, like all your creatures, are amazing. I think I would forget to wake up.

They come out of the ground like this…
Then break out of that shell like this…
They stay this pretty whitish yellow color for a while…
And eventually get darker…
They are everywhere, providing hours of entertainment for my children, and me, since I can't seem to stop photographing them…
Thank you for always providing beautiful subject matter for us photographers in the world. I don't know what we would do without you! 

Your awestruck BFF--Teresa

4 comments:

harmony said...

wow. I LOVE your Dear Mother Earth entries. they rock.

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Awwww, thanks!

Unknown said...

Oh, Teresa, here I sit a few streets over from you googling something entirely different from cicadas and up pops your cicada story. I love the cicadas and have recently posted two on my site trying to spread the vibration of love so beautifully shared by these crawling, flying insects of Mother Earth. Thank you, thank you, Dawn Kirk http://dawnkirkimaginetheshift.blogspot.com

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Thanks Dawn! I looked at your post about them too. NICE!