Bagette April's Mom. . .


Teresa,

This is my mom, Edith. When I was little, she sewed all my and my 2 sisters’ dresses. And although I never picked up the skill until I began sewing bags with you, she is the reason I wasn’t afraid to try. That’s pretty much true of everything in my life. I’m not afraid to try because my mom has always been so capable and matter-of-fact about everything. Or to quote the shoe company – Just do it. This could be Mama’s motto. I think it’s a German thing and I’m glad I (sort of) inherited it.

When I started making bags, my mom just jumped right in with me. She’s been making bags for her friends, church ladies, and random people at Wal-Mart for several months now. We decided to call her the Green Bag Frau. She’s got labels in the bags and everything – just like you. I know it warms your heart. What’s that about imitation and flattery?

Thanks for sharing your inspiring idea with me and my mom, and the rest of the world!

Bagette April

No comments: