Back to School. . .FREEBIE!!!
Little Girl and Big Girl went back to school today. Second grade and fifth grade respectively, wow! In honor of kids going back to school everywhere, we are doing a FREEBIE to remind you to be GREEN or GREENER this school year.
How can you go back to school and be GREEN? I'm glad you asked. Re-use as many things as you can from last year.
1) Don't buy a new backpack. My girls use the same backpack from K-3 (small pack) and then 4 on up (big pack for more books). Of course, if it falls apart, we will get a new one. We like this kind for it's durability (we have not had one fall apart yet!).
2) Reuse pencil cases, erasers, pens, etc. that still have life in them.
3) Buy recycled paper, pencils made from recycled newspaper (available at Target), recycled notebooks, pencils boxes made from recycled plastic (also at Target), you get the point.
4) Clothes, use as many hand-me-downs as possible. OR, give clothes that are too small to a friend or family member. We are lucky that uniforms wear well and can be handed down many times.
5) Use the same lunch box as last year. We like these because they are Eco-friendly acrylic-coated cotton, PVC -free, 100% lead-free AND machine washable.
6) Forgo the bottled water and get a great reusable bottle. We like these.
Ok, yes, yes, the FREEBIE. We still want as many people as possible to be toting fabric bags when they go shopping. Not just the grocery store, but ALL shopping, even school shopping. If you already have a Green Bag Lady bag, then please send a friend to the site to leave a comment for a bag. We would love to give them one and spread the message. We have several light ones on hand ready to ship!
SO, if you do not already have a shopping bag, leave a comment AND your EMAIL ADDRESS at this post spelling out DOT and AT in your email so you don't get spam. In your comment, tell us how you are going GREEN this back to school. We would love to hear your ideas. Please tell us if you can add to the above list.
Comments for a FREE SHOPPING BAG will close at midnight Wednesday, August 19, 2009 CST. We are looking forward to hearing from you! You will hear from Bagette Dad who will get your snail mail address and send you a bag ASAP.
Teresa and all the Bagettes
Posted by Green Bag Lady Teresa at 8/13/2009