Cosmetics Database

VS.

I used to LOVE Carmex. I used it ALL the time. Many years back I found out about Cosmetics Database and checked out the rating on Carmex. It was a 7 out of 10 for health hazards. YIKES! I knew I had to give up my beloved lip balm.

Around this time, I had just found out about Burt's Bees. It was still relatively unknown and hard to find but I fell in love with their Beeswax Lip Balm and liked it even better than Carmex. I was happy to kiss Carmex goodbye with Burt on my lips! Burt's Bees Lip Balm is a mere 2 on the ratings which means there are no health risks. YAY!

Cosmetics Database is a great resource to find out about the skin care and makeup products you use on a daily basis. Go take a look for yourself. You might be surprised that some of your favorites are on there and not so good for your health.

Click here for the site.

Here is a handy shopping guide so you know what ingredients to avoid!

Teresa

1 comment:

My Life as A MOM said...

Thanks for this post Teresa, I use carmex all the time specially at night and winter time, but I will stop using them now. I haven't tried burt's yet but I will. We have tons of them here.