Green Grocery Bag Challenge

We are thrilled to pieces! Literally. Green Bag Lady has teamed up with the incredibly sweet people at Sew Mama Sew for a Green Grocery Bag challenge. Are you in?

This is what we are challenging you to do:

WRAP YOUR HOLIDAY GIFTS IN REUSABLE GROCERY BAGS. 

That's it. It's win/win, you don't use wasteful wrapping paper AND the recipients can use the bags over and over when shopping (AND, it is part of the gift!). Yay!

Read all about it HERE. Check out the facebook page HERE.

Also, Green Bag Lady shopping bag pattern is SUPER SIMPLE and found HERE. We also have a step-by-step for the pattern HERE and a how to video HERE.

Thanks Kristin, Beth and everyone at Sew Mama Sew, you are amazing! Teresa

7 comments:

Roberta said...

I saw this challenge today on Sew Mama Sew and just love it! Years ago I made wrapping "bags" out of Christmas fabrics and used it to wrap my kids toys in...they loved it and we used those bags for several years and the boys picked out their favorite fabrics every year after that. Then a few years ago I, everyone was spending the night at our house so I bought everyone flannel pj's and made them pajama bags out of flannel fabric that I bought at the fabric store. They still talk about it now...that and the fact that I made them all go to the mall and get dressed in their flannel pj's for a family Christmas photo...lol

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Thanks Roberta! I have many fond memories of the pajamas my mother made my siblings, my cousins and me for Christmas too!

Teresa

MissesStitches said...

This is a totally awesome idea! Now that I've discovered how simple these bags are to make, it gives me a lot more ideas. I'll be interested in seeing just how people wrap with them so they look like presents, and not groceries! Thank you! Thank you!

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Thank YOU Misses Stitches for making all those Xmas bags!

happy zombie said...

I'm so in! I've been a bag user from way back when I felt like I was the only one... and the baggers actually snubbed me. Thanks to amazing people like you and Kristin/SewMamaSew you're making it the norm to shop with use-your-own bags.

I'm so inspired by you - and you making the world a better place - one bag at a time! THANK YOU! :o) <3

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Thank you Happy Zombie! You are far too sweet! I'm so glad to have you on the fabric bag bandwagon! Sounds like you were on it before me! Love it.

Stacy said...

Hi Teresa, Just wanted to share with you my post about the Green Grocery Bag Challenge. I'm #8321! :)
http://inspiredtosew.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much for all you do and all you give! Stacy