HFCS, I knew those commercials were wrong. . .

Scary corn HFCS goblin
Sweet dreams: Look out! It's Fructose Frutose Ghali!Graphic: T-Shirt Insurgency
I don't often talk about food on this here blog, but maybe I should start a little more. I'm kinda fanatic about it. I'm a vegetarian that occasionally eats fish, I buy organic and local as much as possible and get as many fruits and vegetables in my family as I can.

If you have never seen the film King Corn, I highly recommend it. Yes, many other films have come out about food, but let's just start with corn, shall we? And High Fructose Corn Syrup. That. Is. In. Everything. Ugh. Yuck.

Then, I started seeing these commercials (during the tiny amount of TV that I actually watch) that were stating that HFCS is the same as sugar so it is fine, blah, blah, blah. Not fine. Not ok, do you know what process and chemicals the corn goes through to become HFCS? Just watch King Corn and you will find out. It is disgusting.

So then, Harmony sent me this article and I knew it. I just knew it. HFCS could not be the same as something that comes from oh, say, sugar cane. Please go read the article, it's short and educational and go watch King Corn, you can do so for free on Netflix or go to Blockbuster. Now. Teresa

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hmmm very interesting, thanks for sharing!