Other things. . .

I have made exactly 3 quilts in my life. Well, 3 that aren't meant for dolls. Tiny ones don't count. #1 can be seen here in my re-done sewing room. #2 was sent to Harmony for Christmas. And, introducing #3…


Isn't she sweet? She is made entirely from vintage flannel. A box of these scraps was donated to Green Bag Lady. I couldn't stand to see them just go into pet beds, so I washed them and gave them some love. The large piece of vintage flannel on the back was bought at Thread Fest this fall. I know the sewing lines aren't straight for all of you quilters looking closely, they are not supposed to be. I just wander around my quilts until they are done. :) Kinda like I do through life! Teresa

PS--This will go to a special baby girl to be born this summer!
PPS--Bagette Margaret took pity on my unbinding ways and bound it for me, by hand, beautifully. I heart you Margaret!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I like that the lines aren't too perfect:) I sew in this way all the time and just appreciate the unique character of what I have made. This quilt will be a treasure for that new little one:)

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Thanks Melissa, I hope so! :)

Adryteje said...

Fabrics are so sweet!. I usually say imperfect things are made by imperfect people... thank God I am one of them!