Awesome!


I found this on Recyclart. Isn't is great? And, it's made by a GUY! This is what Luke has to say about the bag:

My upcycled pool bag

I have always been interested in green issues and over the past few years I have become an avid dumpster diver and try to the best of my ability to reduce the amount of waste that goes to landfill by finding new ways to use things. When my inflatable pool got punctured after just one summer it seemed a shame to throw it away. I had an old bag that was falling apart so I salvaged the zipper and strap and created a new bag from the parts. I lined it with my favourite shirt that ripped last weekend and I'm really happy with the result.


The original pool was 3m in diameter so I still have lots of plastic for future projects. I haven't been sewing for long, so I would like to improve the quality of my stitching, then maybe sell these as a side business. (from Luke's blog)

Great job Luke! I love it. It reminds me of these bags that I made from a holey air mattress. Keep making bags Luke! Teresa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa, how does one make the cooler bags, you know the ones that keep frozen foods reasonably frozen when we have done our shopping?
This bag reminds me of one of those.
He has done a really great job.
Kerry

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

I'd suggest using some batting and quilting them. You can also just bring a soft sided cooler with you to the grocery store. That's what I do. :) I learned the hard way after I broke some milk bottles in my driveway. I now put the glass bottles in a soft cooler.