Today I am…

I am finally finding some time to be in my studio today. It's been a busy week so far! I am finishing up these 3 sewn/embroidered burp cloths that will go to 2 friends that just had babies. The similar ones are for a friend that didn't think she could have kids and then all of the sudden was pregnant with twins! She recently had a boy and girl and I couldn't be more thrilled for her. My other friend has one son and just had another. Yay!
I also started a quilt for my mother-in-law for Christmas. She is one of those people that is difficult to buy for because she "has everything." It dawned on me while I was making my niece's quilt that maybe MIL would like one too! Little Girl was my covert operative and called her and worked into the conversation asking her favorite colors. Light blue, yellow and green it is! Some of my favs too. I went through my stash and picked out some lovely ones and bought 4 fat quarters too. I'm hoping it will be approximately twin size. More of a throw quilt than a bed quilt.
Here is the first piece. I'm doing the technique similar to this quilt. Original inspiration for this type of piecing comes from Oh Fransson. It's pretty random, which suits me well. Although, the light blue in between the blocks is a bit wider.
What are you up to today? What are you making? I'd love to know! Teresa

4 comments:

Tami C said...

You are off to a beautiful beginning! I really like the light blue between the prints! Your MIL is sure to love it!

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Thanks Tami! I'm having fun with it!

Teresa

harmony said...

Love this!!! You are so amazing in so many ways. Thanks for using Vein. :)

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Of course Harmony, LOVE it!