Patagonia + Worn Wear

My very favorite sewing thing to do (besides make bags!) is save a favorite clothing item. People come to me with sweatshirts, pants, jackets, shorts that they love and I get paid to fix them!

Yesterday, I had lunch with one of my former students. Kern is amazing! He is an outdoor guide who has hiked both the Appalachian Trail (made a movie about it!) and the Pacific Crest Trail. He is also one of the most upbeat, likable, fun people I know. Each time he comes to Colorado I get to treat him to lunch or dinner. YAY!
Guess what he's doing now? He's working for Patagonia on their Worn Wear tour. What? He rides around in a cool truck made from recycled materials and fixes clothing for people. Yes. Really. How cool is that?

Love the fix on this hat…
 Kern at work…

 The Worn Wear gang…
Isn't that amazing? I told him the next time he's in Colorado with the truck I'll come and help fix clothes! Teresa

P.S. Worn Wear on Instagram

4 comments:

harmony said...

Most. Awesome.

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

It's so great, isn't it?

Tami C said...

Wow! Sorry I missed this post. That is really cool. I've seen videos on PBS of people that do that sort of thing or hair cuts on the sidewalk. It is a wonderful thing he is doing!

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Maybe you were on vacation when I posted it Tami. Kern is awesome and so is Worn Wear. :)