Gluten Free Peanut Butter Balls

Do you stir your peanut butter in the mixer? I do. Maybe I'm the only one. I love buying PB that is only peanuts and salt nothing else added. The only problem is that the oil floats to the top and requires stirring when a new jar is open. This is a task that everyone in my family hates. A few years ago I gave up and dumped 3 jars of PB in my Kitchen Aid mixer, let it run for a few minutes and called it a day. It was SO much easier than trying to mix it in the jar with a knife. After I mix all the jars together, I put them in a large glass container for everyone's PB + J needs.

I was in the process of mixing this week and Little Man got all excited that I was making cookies. Is that all a mixer is good for? Instead, I decided to make up a healthy version of the PB balls my mom used to make. Her version had flour and powdered sugar galore in them. Here is what I came up with, they are super yummy!
 GF Honey PB Balls (some people call them Buckeyes)

3/4 cup oat flour
1/2 cup peanut butter, we used chunky, but creamy is great too
(or other nut butter, I want to do cashew next)
1/4 cup honey
8-10 ounces chocolate (we used this one)

Put all ingredients in a stand or hand mixer bowl and run until it makes a ball. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough in 1-1.5 inch balls, set on parchment. Melt chocolate in glass dish in microwave in 30 second increments stirring frequently. When chocolate is melted, use a spoon or a toothpick to dip balls into the chocolate. Optional toppings: shredded unsweetened coconut, nuts, sprinkles (we used these), more chocolate chips, etc. Enjoy!

No comments: