Green Bag Seamstress Coalition


Hello! I am Cristine, and I am a country girl from a small town in Virginia. My husband and I live on a small farm with three horses, 4 cats, and one dog. I garden and raise organic vegetables and herbs. I am committed to reduce, reuse and recycle, and have found that natural is the way to go! I am preparing to open a soap and sundries shop, my BLOG, is a publication of my venture!

I am looking for others who can sew, who could make some bags. If I had the time I would organize this by state, but for now, if you can sew these bags and want to help, email me! The Green Bag Lady pattern is super easy! The fabric is easy to come by, and what better way to spend a hot summer, but inside in the A/C (or the shade) making the earth a better place! Help me start a Green Bag Seamstress Coalition! Cristine

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
EVERYONE--Join the call from Cristine, join her seamstress coalition or just start making bags on your own and give them away! Remember, the pattern is free and watch the how to video, right here on this blog! Happy sewing!

Teresa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christine ~ I don't know how to post on your site as I am not a "blogger". Great job with the bag making! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Deborah! I have made about 50 bags, and I'm planning on taking them to the farmers market, and maybe some to the grocery store as well. I've only had two requests so far, so I'm making bags faster than I can give them away ;)

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Oh, Cristine, you just wait, you will give those bags away in NO time! I had a while in there (LONG AGO!) when I had a pile of bags with no home and the next minute, they were gone and happy being filled with goodies.

I hope you got the donated fabric from the email I sent your way!

Best--Teresa

Anonymous said...

Yes Teresa, we are devising a plan for me to get it. I think my husband thinks I'm crazy :) I was cutting out patterns and cuttig up some sleep pants first thing this morning. I have to send you pics of what I found at the thrift store! You will never believe it!

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

My husband thinks I'm crazy too. At least you are not spending mucho bucks on shipping! :)

Teresa

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm doing 5 for 5 bucks for someone, so it may cost a few cents, but it's all good! I know where the spare change jar is :) and when i come home after BUYing more fabric, he's like "Are you ok?" :) He's actually very cool with it, and we went shopping and he LOVED using the bags to carry the groceries in the house. They actually hold A LOT of groceries!

Anonymous said...

You go girl!! Love the shoes.