Mini Version…

On Sunday I started to clean up all the fabric lying around from making the quilt top for my niece. I have found a woman here in Colorado who does long arm quilting for a reasonable price, so I'll bring it to her for quilting and then I'll bind it myself. However, I thought it would be fun to make a mini version for a doll. This one measures approximately 17"x24" just the right size for a small stuffed friend.
Here you can see I used the same backing and binding that I was thinking about for the large version. I really like it and will indeed use it!
I just randomly quilted this starting at the center and doing a rounded triangle design. Nothing too fancy. I finished binding it Sunday night. Easy peasy. If you have never done any quilting, making small ones to start out is a great idea. They don't use much fabric (use scraps!) and they are easy to handle when it comes to doing the quilting. You can also use up scraps of batting too! Teresa

4 comments:

Judy said...

I love small quilts! Wonderful job on yours and the quilting you did was nice touch. Scrap quilts are fun to make and they make room for more scraps ;-)
Judy

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Aw, thanks Judy!

Tami C said...

Way to go Teresa! You did a great job and you are so fast! They were just cut up scraps when I was there on Sunday!

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Yep Tami, the hardest part was that I had to keep adding to it since you lose so much real estate when sewing it all together!