Produce Bags

I make my own reusable produce bags out of thin fabric. Pattern HERE. Voile is a great choice of fabric for making these. The bags below are made of voile fabric.
However, if you are a non-sewist and want to purchase some. Here are some recommendations:
Organic Cotton reusable bags. Set of 6 for only $17.00. AND, they are Harmony's fabric!!!!! Yes.
Natural Home set of 5 for only $6.78 on Amazon.
ChicoBag produce bags. Set of 3 for $11.75.
Bag the Habit reusable mesh bags. 4 pack for $17.99.

I strongly encourage you to break the plastic produce habit. There are so many inexpensive (and cute) options out there. Or, make your own. They are so simple, even a beginner can tackle them! Teresa

5 comments:

Maria said...

I made some out of muslin. As soon as I find a nice muslin print that is cheap, I'll make some more. Some muslin can be had for under 2 dollars a yard. They work GREAT for potatoes, onions, apples avocados and so on!

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Yes, muslin is great too! Glad you use them to so much stuff Maria!

Migraine Home Remedies said...

Lovely bags. I have never been very girlie in my life. Never been fond of things like that. These bags are all so lovely.

Unknown said...

And the most important thing is that these lovely handbags united so many people! Wonderful idea! Keep it up!

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Thanks Marina!