What do I say to my daughter?
They were all at the Homecoming bonfire and he took a bite of a smore that had peanut butter on it. He didn't think the allergic reaction warranted medical care. My daughter and a friend took him home to his father. That was the last time she saw him. She found out yesterday at school that he had passed away from anaphylactic shock. What?
I am devastated for my daughter and for the family of this sweet, funny, wonderful, life-loving boy.
Please hug your littles (and big kids) extra hard. If you have a kid with allergies, please make sure they have an eli-pen with them ALL THE TIME. No matter how old they get. Please.
Posted by Green Bag Lady Teresa at 9/23/2015