Bread Machine Pumpkin Bread

I have been making banana bread from the same recipe in my bread machine for 15+ years. I love how easy it is. My whole family loves it and it usually doesn't last for more than a few hours. At this time of year pumpkin items are everywhere. I wondered what would happen if I simply replaced the bananas with pumpkin in the recipe. Success! It turned out great. Above is my second loaf, this time I added mini chocolate chips. Yum!

Bread Machine Pumpkin Bread

1 egg
1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk but any kind of milk would work)
1/2 stick of butter (4 Tbsp)
1/2 cup sugar (coconut sugar is fine)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1 heaping  cup of pumpkin

optional add ons:
1 tsp cloves
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup raisins
1 cup craisins
3/4 cup nuts (walnuts, pecans, etc)

Soften the butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds and beat the egg a bit, throw it all in your bread machine. Set machine to quick bread (about 1.5 hours) and walk away. Return later for yumminess!

Let me know if you try it! Teresa

No comments: