Minnesota Girl Scouts!

Green Bag Lady loves Girl Scouts!! In fact, I'm hosting a troop of 15 girls at my house this afternoon to make bags. YAY! My cousin had her troop make bags last year for cookie deliveries. LOVE! 

My sister contacted me a few months ago asking if I could get patches made for her troop to earn for making bags. YES! I love love love that idea. So much so I got 500 patches made by The Studio. The Studio was SO great. I got to approve every step of the process and I'm thrilled with how they turned out. We can use them on bags, caps, shirts, and of course for Girl Scouts/Boy Scouts. Yipee! 

Thanks sister Jane for the great idea. Do you have a troop that would like to earn badges? Contact me for more info. Teresa

Here are some photos my sister sent of her troop making bags. Huge smile!




Our troop, 30042, worked on bags today. They did all of the steps except cutting & ironing/ marking for handles. Dad gave me a bunch of bags that needed handles.  I cut out a bunch of fabric I had to make into buckets. We've still got a ways to go, but I think we'll have a bunch to give away at our events coming up.

As you know, I'm not the best photographer, but here are a few of the event.  Enjoy!

Jane

Moorhead, MN

4 comments:

jane@vanhatten.com said...

It was so much fun working with the girls on this!

Since Sunday was Girl Scout Sunday and this week we have been celebrating 105 years of Girl Scouting, I've been thinking about you & this project a LOT. You can definitely tell how much it influenced our lives to "...use resources wisely...& make the world a better place..."

Once a Girl Scout, always a Girl Scout,

Jane

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

True! Thanks so much to your troop for doing this and supporting the environment by making fabric bags. Love you! :)

Tami C said...

I told my mother-in-law about this project with the Minnesota Girl Scouts and she was really impressed. She always carries a GBL Bag in her purse!

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Thanks for sharing it with her Tami!