What I didn't know…

Little Girl is diary free and loves green juice. We have a juicer and she makes her own, but sometimes life gets away from us and we buy some and recycle the bottle. Well, I recently found out, it's not that simple. While I was at the forum in Long Beach, some experts on recycling spoke to us and told us about some myths in the recycling world. One of them are these heat wrap labels that have been showing up on bottles. They are made out of plastic, but generally not the same plastic as the bottle itself and it makes them a nightmare to try and recycle. Gah! No. You can even see the recycle symbol on the bottom of the bottle but nothing about the wrap. To recycle both of these I took the wrap off which was not easy. It comes off in strips and since I didn't know if I could recycle it, I put it in the trash, ugh. In response, I went to both the Nestlé' and Suja Facebook pages and left photos and comments about how I was not happy with this packaging and asking them for more product accountability on the corporate level. Both companies responded quickly. I told them I would not be buying their products any longer until the packaging changed and that ideally I would love to see both of these products in infinitely recyclable glass. We shall see…

Wanna help? Go and leave comments too. If a lot of us do it, they will get the hint!!!! Teresa





3 comments:

mangust22 said...

another worldwide problem(((
At least, you get contact and ansver with huge companies, may be they will start changing something at US.
In Russia everybody just thinks how to earn more money , but not to save the Nature

harmony said...

Wow... this is enlightening and YES I will definitely let them know of my displeasure as well. sigh. Thanks for being a source of good/important (albeit depressing) information.

Lee said...

Thank you for this post! I had no idea about this - I will let them know I am not happy with this either!