Wool Dryer Balls

I've had a few inquiries about the Dryer Balls that were featured in the prize pack in the last freebie. Many of you had never heard of them. I bought some on a whim at the grocery store, yes, my local Safeway had them in the detergent aisle! I had heard great things and wanted to try them. They were on sale and wound up in my cart. Ha! I'm so glad I bought them! I just love them. It is very dry here in Colorado and the winters are cold. Both conditions can lead to a lot of static cling. However, since using the dryer balls I haven't had any more static issues.

Some people put a few drops of essential oils (4th photo) on their dryer balls to make their laundry have a fresh scent. I'm not into scented laundry so I haven't tried it, but Little Girl keeps saying we should put some drops of grapefruit oil on them (she's very into essential oils). Maybe she will convince me. For now, I'm just thrilled they are keeping my clothes static free.

I also love that they are inexpensive (all shown below are under $20) and last for 1000+ loads! If you are hooked on dryer sheets, I urge you to give them a try. No chemicals and SO much more friendly to Mother Earth. Teresa
Amazon Source
Amazon Source
Amazon Source
Etsy Source
Etsy Source
Etsy Source

3 comments:

harmony said...

A sweet little someone gave me a set for Christmas and I love them! I different sweet someone sent me essential oils so of course I decided to combine the two. I have been using lemon essential oil with mine... it makes the balls smell wonderful but I have not noticed my clothes smelling at all.

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

How perfect Harmony! :)

MissesStitches said...

I've never been one to use dryer sheets because of the way they smell (I know there are unscented ones) and because that is just one more thing to buy, and I don't think they are necessary. Then I tried some plastic dryer balls. I liked them, but some of them broke in half, and some of them lost their little pointy things, which I didn't think was a good thing. Then I found wool dryer balls and started using them. After several weeks, though, MisterStitches said the excema on his legs was back. Uh-oh. Might be the wool. I really like them better, but I'm back to the plastic ones right now. :-( Wool balls are a little quieter, too! I think I'll alternate back and forth and use the plastic ones only for his clothes.