Crypton Fabric Bags!

I've been going through my sewing space on a mission, to use up fabric. I have SO much right now and want to downsize my fabric stash, especially donating material we can't use to other causes. It should be no surprise that I'm making tons of bags. I still had 2 bolts (with about 3 yards left on each) of Crypton Fabric that the sweet owners of that company sent to Green Bag Lady back in 2011. Whoa! I can't believe I have had them for 12 years! We made 500 bags out of their fabric (mostly polka dot) for a conference in California. It seems SO long ago. It was so fun to sit down and make 15+  bags, a walk down memory lane for sure. I even still have a bunch of the labels that Crypton sent to put in the conference bags. True to form, I sewed them into these bags as well. :)

This fabric is so great, it's stain resistant and waterproof and super sturdy, perfect for many years of groceries. I have loved working with Crypton fabric so much that I have bought it over the years to make grill covers, fire pit covers and other various outdoor items. I used the remnants from those projects to make bags too, complete with labels of course.

And, if I'm honest, making these bags has made me a little teary because Bagette Dad helped A LOT with the production and mailing of those 500 conference bags. AND, bag #10,000 is a Crypton bag (that post is a MUST read!). #10,000 is a tote that Bagette Dad made for himself to take to the post office to mail off bags to freebie winners. Sniff sniff. I miss him. XOXO--Teresa







No comments: