Bagette Dad Shirt Bags

I have the VanHatten Family Reunion coming up and made a batch of special bags for the occasion. Those of you who have been following for a while know that my dad had a self-imposed "uniform" that he wore daily. He had 21 light blue button up shirts in both long and short sleeves that he left behind. Of course I HAD to make bags out of them! And, to include nerd packs (Bagette Dad's term, not mine) in the pockets? Why, yes indeed.

For those of you new to Green Bag Lady, my dad helped with the project almost right from the beginning. His unwavering faith that I had started something special was one of the driving forces that has kept Green Bag Lady going for over 15 years. Bagette Dad sewed, ironed, folded and shipped countless bags all over the world. He always carried a bag in his back pocket in case anyone asked about the patch he could pull it out and give it to them. My father passed away almost exactly 2 years ago but his involvement and legacy live on, in fact the Green Bag Lady logo is engraved on his headstone. Thanks dad for all your help, I love you and miss you every day.

1) Classic photo of Bagette dad with bags, light blue shirt AND nerd pack with Green Bag Lady patch. He proudly wore this every day.

2-3) This bag belongs to me. My dad saved out number 100,000 a few years ago for a special bag. At the time, I couldn't think of what kind of bag would be truly special for that milestone. Well, here it is. This one's for you dad. Yes, I'm crying.

4) The stack of bags I made for the reunion. Everyone will get one complete with name, patch, nerd pack, highlighters, a pen and a mechanical pencil.

5) The OG nerd pack hangs on the bulletin board in my sewing room.




2 comments:

Pamela Young, WA State baguette said...

What a lovely and fitting tribute!! And a wonderful keepsake!! πŸ˜ŠπŸ’–πŸŒΌπŸŒΊ ...pjy

Isabel Moore said...

Nothing better than family, maybe gone, but forever in our hearts!