Shattered

This is the hardest post I have ever had to write.

My beloved son, Kyle (18) (known here as Little Man), passed away on Saturday, Aug 5 of an apparent OD. Kyle struggled the last few years with drug use. We, as a family, did everything in our power to help him with treatment, therapy, support groups and more love than you can ever imagine. Unfortunately, drugs were a beast that kept coming after him and he couldn't resist. Addiction sucks.

We are devastated beyond words for the sweet boy who was always laughing, smiling, making up goofy songs and loved playing games with all of us. We will ALWAYS remember that Kyle. The Kyle before drugs took him away from us.
Dear Kyle, I hope you are finally at peace. We love you more than you will ever, ever know. I can't believe I don't get to hug you ever again. My heart is broken into a million pieces. You will live in my soul forever and ever.
Kyle William Granath 10-13-04 to 8-5-23
In lieu of flowers, I would be honored if you would make a donation to the Full Circle Program, Denver CO. They did everything they could for Kyle and the amazing parent support group has made my life livable. We will have a donation box at the service but you can also venmo the incredible program director, Ben Stincer at @benjamin-stincer or go on the website and donate HERE.
Please say your donation is in memory of Kyle Granath.
Thank you to all who have reached out. I love you all.



4 comments:

Abigale Huels said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Whitney Rau said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
drcelyn@gmail.com said...

Teresa and Al, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for both of you and your family. Addiction sucks! Deepest sympathy, Darcy (Sidla) Schuster

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Thank you Darcy, truly heartbreaking.