Safe on dry land. . .

This was my first view of Valdivia this morning when we pulled in about 8. Taken with my iPhone which was the only camera I had on me at the time. We accidently ran aground on a sand bar that was not on the chart. No worries. We just cleaned the boat (I am a master at the vacuum) and packed while we waited for the tide to come in.

I am now at a nice hotel about a mile from the center of town. It is perfect. Peaceful. Lovely. I can stand up in the shower. It doesn't rock. It has internet. AND, I took my laundry down to the desk at noon and when I got back from dinner, it was sitting on my bed all clean and folded. You have no idea how much I welcome clean clothing at the moment. My bed was also turned down and there was a chocolate on the night stand. Awwww. It is off season, maybe they are bored, or maybe they treat all their guests like this! I hope so. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. I will photograph them.

Right now, I need some blissful sleep where no one is waking me up telling me it is my shift. Ahhhhh. It looks like I will be here until the 21st unless I can sweet talk someone at American Airlines tomorrow. Cross your fingers for me. Teresa

9 comments:

Roberta said...

Wow that is a wonderful hotel and I'm sure it's paradise for you right now. Sure went fast and looking forward to all the details when you can post more. Fondly, Roberta

ViVy said...

Welcome to dry land! all are waiting for your news, go to rest, dry and warm! hug!

Harmony said...

YEAH!!!!!! I am so happy to hear this. Enjoy the peace and quiet... you deserve it.
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

The Guides of the fiords with you in your sleep.Take care and give your...self ...time.Sorry to hear about the sand bar.Yipes...! sweet dreams.

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Thanks everyone. I was doing ok lat night, but the room is really swaying today. Guess I still have my sealegs at this point. I hope this goes away soon!

April S. said...

Here's hoping your land-legs return quickly so you can enjoy your last days in Chile. Spring has sprung in Nashville while you've been away. The tulip trees are beautiful! Can't wait to see you!

mb said...

yay for being safe ashore. it's been fun to follow your adventures!!!

Michele said...

Teresa,

This is Michele (Tasha's mom). I want you to know I so enjoyed reading your blog each day and seeing all the awesome pictures. I will finally be able to see Tasha and Chris tomorrow morning. ( It has been 2 1/2 weeks) From what I can tell from Tasha's e-mails to us from the boat she certainly enjoyed being on your same crew and especially making chocolate chip cookies and bread with you. Thanks for making this adventure for Tasha so memorable.

Michele

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Thanks Michele--

It's nice to know you were following along. Tasha is a brave, amazing young girl. An absolute delight!

Teresa