A Quilt for Little Man…

Over the past couple of years, I have become quite the hoarder collector, of vintage fabric. I love it. The quirky colors, strange designs, interesting motifs, etc. However, I never quite know what to do with it. I'm not the sort to make skirts for myself and my kids have pretty much grown out of wanting me to make clothes for them (except for pajamas), so there it sits. In two of the pretty boxes over my sewing table. Waiting. A few weeks ago I was going through it for this freebie and decided I had some nice pieces in blues and greens. Little Man's two favorite colors (mine too!). I showed the fabric to the little guy and told him I was thinking of a quilt. He rejected 2 of the pieces but liked the rest. I gave you a hint of the quilt in this post. Here is the finished product, proudly displayed! (click on any of the images to enlarge)
 This cracks me up, as though he just took a nap on the lawn!
 The back…
 How about this for a quilt hanger? My favorite photo…
I always wondered by people on quilt blogs hung their finished products on fences. Now I know. It is difficult to take photos of quilts! And I thought bags were tough…
A close up. I made my own bias tape for the edging with this tool. I am completely hooked. I love love love making my own bias tape. I taught myself how to bind the quilt by watching YouTube videos. Ha! Bagette Kathleen inspected my work on Sunday and told me I did a good job. :) Thanks Kathleen. I don't need to beg you or Bagette Margaret to bind my quilts anymore!
I guess I know what to do with all my vintage fabrics now. Teresa

2 comments:

Harmony said...

SOOOOOO stinkin' cute! Bravo! Mucho impressed. LOVE the nap on the lawn. Beam me there with my quilt, please!

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Anytime!