Workday Wednesday

Wednesdays are my studio days. After the kids leave, I head to the basement and work uninterrupted until they get home. I love it! Here is what I was up to today…

The quilt for my mother-in-law (see here) is coming along. I ran out of white bobbins so had to wind a bunch more. I have been trying to figure out how to wind them from big spools of serger thread. Serger thread is much more economical that other spools of thread. I did a past post about it here a while back. Then, I saw somewhere (maybe Pinterest?) that you could put the serger cone in a cup behind your machine and use it that way. Works great!

The quilt is progressing. I'm nearly finished with the top. I just need to put 4 inch blue borders on the other 2 sides. Hopefully tomorrow. Then, I will send it out to a long arm quilter and get it professionally quilted. Yay! One Christmas present almost finished.
Harmony asked me to make 2 table cloths for a friend who was getting married. Nothing fancy here, just cut to size and hem. I added a label to make them look a bit more professional. I hope the happy couple enjoys them for many years!
This is a glimpse at a little project I am doing in conjunction with Lia from Germany. More info on this in November. It's sure to be fun! (she has a great freebie going on right now if you want to enter)
Aaaand, some handle sewing.
That's it for today. What are you working on? Tomorrow I will be sewing some bags. Teresa

12 comments:

Tami C said...

Your quilt is really looking great! It's very pretty. Looks like you have really been busy this week.

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Mainly just today Tami, the rest of the week has escaped me!

Lia*s Handmades said...

Teresa, these bags are gorgeous and I so can't wait for our project in November. It's gonna be fun!

MissesStitches said...

Your quilt is beautiful, Teresa! I really, really love it. (And want to make one like it, too!)

Lori said...

I use serger thread for everything also. But I never thought of using a cup. I went out and bought one of those black plastic things to hold serger thread keeping it by my machine. Oh well, if it breaks I know, LOL. Your quilt is so pretty. I love the pattern. I am going to have to try this. I know your mom will love it.

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

It will be fun Lia!

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Yes, Jan, you should! You inspired me!!!!

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Thanks Lori. I can't figure out a way to use serger thread on my machine all the time because the spool holder is horizontal and not vertical. Hmmm.

Christina said...



Fantastic handbags!!!:)

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Thanks Christina!

Dawn said...

I LOVE your beautiful quilt!! Is there a pattern or, did you wing it? I would love to make one :)

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Thanks Dawn! You are so sweet. I left you a message and a link on FB.