Decorating on the Cheap Part II

So many plants and nowhere to put them! I kept cramming all my green friends onto the same few tables in my house and they were getting crowded. I decided that a sofa table would be a great idea under one of the windows in my family room. I kept an eye out on my neighborhood facebook page and voila! One appeared for the only $20! It's super sturdy with 2 drawers and a lower shelf. Score! I was so excited to give the pots some space. The top of the new table was a bit scratched and I thought about painting it but wanted to mull it over for a beat. Then, I remembered a roll of stamped leather I had in my sewing room that would be cool cut into covers for all 3 plant tables. I'm smitten with how it all turned out. It makes me so happy each time I walk in this room!

On a side note, anyone know anything about poinsettias? I've never had one last much past Christmas but this girl wants to be part of my green group in the worst way. What do I do? Repot her? Is it worth the effort? Do poinsettias last all year? I'd love any advice. Cheers! Teresa






1 comment:

harmony said...

Lovely!
I have never been able to have a poinsettia last another year but I know there are people who do. Good luck with that one!